Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Smattering of Randomness for Today

Apparently down under McDonalds and Weight Watchers are teaming up—say what? I don’t even understand this, I love me some Shamrock Shakes, but I know they’re not going to get me points at a Weight Watchers meeting (OK, technically they would get me “points” a lot of “points” in fact), but this just seems nuts. Read this article and judge for yourself.

I need some girly DVD recommendations. I’ll have some time this weekend to have the TV all to myself, so I’m planning on watching some new chick flicks to spare Ben in the future, and I know that a bunch must have come out DVD that I need to see—so send me your recommendations! (I’ll take non-chick flick recommendations as well). I do enjoy the predictable chick flicks though; I LOVED He’s Just Not That Into You and recently really enjoyed seeing Valentine’s Day.

In other total randomness and things that aren’t really productive, if you’re not watching The Good Wife on CBS, you need to start, NOW. This show is written so well, and has such a great cast, Julianna Margulies of ER and The Soporanos fame and another personal favorite, Josh Charles from the, gone too soon, sitcom Sports Night. I’m not going to explain anymore about the show, you can read more here, but just trust me people, it’s awesome. If you don’t want to start mid-season, start DVR/Tivoing it this summer and start from the beginning. This show is one of the few shows where I don’t want to multi-task while I watch it (i.e. clean the kitchen, organize recipes, fold clothes, etc.) I’m just so into it, that I sit on my couch glued to the TV—all while poor, poor Cooper cuddles up in my lap and takes a nap. =)

Did I forget to mention another great part of this show?? Mr. Big is also in it, (AKA Chris Noth, but he'll always be Mr. Big to most of us ;)

In fabulous food news, I'm loving the Fiber One 90 Calorie Bars, they're only available in the two original flavors of Chocolate or Chocolate Peanut Butter, but they're great. I received this sample at the Prior Fat Girl meet up this past weekend, and at 90 calories, plus teaming it up with a Sargento Reduced Fat 60 Calorie Sharp Cheddar Stick, this makes a great afternoon or morning snack, as you can see from my munching below. These bars aren't as dense as the 140 Calorie option, they're a bit lighter, and remind me more of a rice krispie bar, than a granola bar, but you won't miss the heavier Fiber Bars, these satisfy your sweet tooth and help you get in your Fiber, a double win!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

You should rent Amélie if you haven't already seen it. It's a great movie. Unless you're fluent in French, you'll need subtitles.

Unknown said...

Avatar!!! I know it isn't girly and it isn't on DVD, but great movie. Chick flicks......yeah, not my forte. A little old, but "What Happens in Vegas" was awesome, probably still my favorite chick flick after 2 years!!

Lori said...

That McD's WW thing irritated me a lot. That seems like a partnership bathed in money and not based on the health of Americans.

Ann said...

I agree that BOTH Mr. Big and the 90-cal Fiber 1 bars are a "win"!! :)

Ann said...

Also, I read your comment about running together?! ABSOLUTELY!! I'm still at more of a jog/walk in 2-3 minute intervals, so as long as you're okay with taking it slow, or even just walking, I'm totally up for it!! Email me your info and we can set up a time?! ann.p.lundberg@gmail.com - HOORAY!!!!