Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Best Actress Curse??

Ugh, this makes me sick. Sandra Bullock has moved out after her husband has been accused of infidelity. Here we go again, the Best Actress Oscar curse! It's been notorious that within a year of winning their Oscars, Best Actress winners as of lately split with their husbands. Check this out. And Kate Winslet announced her divorce this week!! Why do I care?? I love celebrity gossip, something else you now know about me. Plus, I really thought Sandra Bullock and Jesse James were cute together!

In other news, picked up my bib and chip for the Lucky 7K this weekend to be put on by Team Ortho, and I am PUMPED. They put on great races, hands down. Check them out! Anyway, Ben is running the race as well, which will be fun, we've never run longer than a 5K together.
We picked up our stuff at a running store called Gear on 44th and France that I had never been to before this and it had something that blew my mind--- Running Skorts with capris or pants attached!! Me Loves!! They look similar to this:
Mine of course are some fun colors. =) I am in love with these for a few reasons:
  1. I love running skorts
  2. But most running skorts that I try to wear for actual running, and not just cross training, make me chafe (I said it, chafe)
  3. In these type of recent temps, I love putting my skorts over my tights, but as it gets warmer, this isn't a good option
  4. I don't like people to see my butt in tight running pants or capris. Yes, I respect my booty, I've worked hard for it, but I'm not a booty flaunter.
I can't wait to publish a new picture of me soon running in one of these pants/skorts as the temps get warmer!!

BTW: The products I got at Gear are made by Skirt Sports, I'll report back on how they hold up when I put in a few miles.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Whoa, that running skort is cute! I know the pain of the chafe. Damn thunder thighs.

Anonymous said...

I think that those are technically running skapris....

Missy said...

So sad about Sandra Bullock - she's my favorite actress!

That's the second time I've seen the running skirt over capris. Looks comfy!!