Sunday, March 28, 2010

I did it! I did it!

I kept a surprise, I kept a surprise! And I can't believe I did it. I'm HORRIBLE with keeping secrets and Friday was Ben's 33rd birthday, but somehow, I pulled off organizing a surprise party for him with some of his friends at family at a local bar and restaurant and he had NO CLUE. This is only the second time on record I've been able to pull off a surprise like this one. The last time was this past summer, when I arranged a trip to Chicago to a Twins/Cubs game and had Ben's cousin Adam and his wife Amber there from Orange County to surprise him. When they knocked on our hotel room door he was dumbfounded!
Anyway, this Friday we had the surprise party at Bunny's in St. Louis Park (looooove that place) and it was kind of a challenge to pull off! Because Ben had no idea of the party, he had no idea we were on a time table, finally, I had to inform him that we had a foe dinner reservation to get him moving so that we would only be a HALF HOUR late for the estimated surprise time I had given everyone. We made it to Bunny's and thanks to friends who I texted the whole night, it went off without a hitch, and Ben was surprised!! We didn't take too many pictures, but here are a couple.
Delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake from Queen of Cakes!
Me diving into cutting the cake with the Birthday Boy looking on.

No comments: