Monday, March 15, 2010

All Things Summer

Hello? Readers? Are you still there? This past week has been insane, to say the least, and my blog has suffered, but I'm back and better than ever!

This weekend, I meant to run six miles on Saturday. Wellllllll, the ladies I was running with and I got a little lost around Cedar Lake and we ended up doing 8.3, oops. Glad to know I can do it though, but after my stress fracture 18 months ago, I'm always very cautious about ramping up too fast. Then, yesterday, I did the Irish Traditions 5K in St. Paul. Lake Como was great, I've never ran there, so it was really nice to mix things up. Check out Ann from Twelve in Twelve's post about the race. Although we never found each other, she PRed at the race--awesome!!

Today, however, my hips and knees pretty much hate me to say the least. Therefore, tonight was all about a light work out (strength training for arms and abs, and light cardio), so that I don't end up over doing it.

As I've mentioned, I'm planning a wedding, and it's getting closer and closer (3 months and 11 days, but who's counting!?!). I said I wasn't going to get stressed about this wedding, I really did, but lately, it's been a bit much.

OK, that's not exactly what I look like right now, but that is probably close to how I looked when our florist told us they were going out of business! (it's all resolved now, and we're going with Arts & Flowers out of St. Louis Park, but for about six hours, I was freaking out).

Right now, we're trying to get our invites out in the next two weeks, so that in itself is a lot of work. We're also trying to put together a slide show with our baby pictures, younger year pictures, etc. This has proved to be a bigger project than I thought, compiling the pictures, finding an application to do it, finding songs, and just all around a big project. I'm trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this one though, because having this slide show is something we've both always wanted, and will be really nice.

So, as we prepare for the wedding, I can't help but think about the honeymoon!! We're going to Maui for a week, and it's going to be the best post-wedding adventure I could ask for. So, this weekend, in between races, and stamping invites, I made my way to Super Target to grocery shop and found this little ditty that I had to have for Hawaii (as displayed on my couch).

I'm in love with this swim suit cover up! I love black and white stripes and it just looks so comfortable and gives me hope that spring and summer weather will soon be here! You might thinks it's crazy to buy it three+ months ahead of time, but they were nearly out already, and it put a smile on my face, which makes it totally worth it.

Speaking of great weather, yesterday was fantastic! 60+ degrees in March, yes please! I spent much of the day enjoying the weather with these two boys.
Ben and I took Cooper to the park in our neighborhood where he ran circles until he was full of mud, dirt and sand. He was happy as a clam in the warmer weather as he ran free with a big smile on his face and his tongue wagging...happy, that is, until he came home and wound up in the bath tub. =)

No comments: