Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweaty Times and Tasty Recipes

Hi Friends, what a steamy, steamy couple of days in the Twin Cities. You could feel the humidity everywhere you went today, inside or outside, it was one of those days where you feel like there's a damp blanket on top of you at all times.

I was out running early this morning (before 6AM, YIKES!) with Mary, Jen and Meghan, and it was already 70 degrees before I left the house, seriously?!

My poor dog is not happy in this humidity. We're constantly making sure he has fresh ice cold water, and we're getting him a hair cut a bit premature later this week so that he won't have so much black hair weighing him down and attracting that hot sunlight. Remember, pets can suffer so much in this weather. If you see an animal left alone in a car, even with the window cracked when it's this hot, or outdoors for an extended period of time do not be afraid to call authorities. You could be saving that animals life.

I cooked a great recipe last week from my pal (yeah, I wish Ree was my pal) The Pioneer Woman that I had to share. It's a Pasta with Tomato Blue Cheese Sauce, YUM! I love me some blue cheese. I tried to make it healthier, with less cream and blue cheese than called for, and huge handfuls for spinach. It made great leftovers for lunch the next day too. Here's a pic of my creation, it was so tasty, I started to eat it before I remembered to take the picture.
In other news, I never heard from winner Kristine from the Larabar giveaway, so I picked a new winner, that winner is
Jody Powell!
Jody Powell said...

"I want to try Peanut Butter, I LOVE my peanut butter....do they have a peanut butter flavor??"

The answer is yes Jody, they have a Peanut Butter Cookie flavor. =) Happy Snacking!

1 comment:

Missy said...

YUM! That recipe looks SO good. I'm going to have to make that soon!!!