Friday, May 21, 2010

Bar La Grassa Review + TC Area Dining Deals

Happy Friday!

As most of you know, I LOVE trying new restaurants out around the Twin Cities, and I have some favorite local places that I could go to again and again. Tonight was no exception. With plans to run the Northern Lakes 10 Mile Race tomorrow with Meghan, I wanted to eat a little bit of pasta tonight. I have been wanting to try out the new hot spot Bar La Grassa I've been hearing about in the North Loop area of Minneapolis.

Ben and I went there tonight, and shared four small dishes: Spaghetti Carbonara, Gnocchi with Cauliflower and Orange, 'Nduja Egg Ravioli and Fettuccine Alfredo.
Ben dishing up the goods

The four small plates were just about perfect for the two of us, we had a small amount of leftovers.

My plate with Spaghetti Carbonara and Fettuccine Alfredo (and Gnocchi in the rear bowl yet to be devoured!)

For dessert, we split a couple of Caramel Crepes with Vanilla Ice Cream, Delicious and not too heavy!

This place is great, just like I had heard, reservations for weekend evenings fill up fast, so plan your date here well in advance, but it's worth it. Another plus, there service was so quick! We were in and out in less than an hour. Also. their prices are also really reasonable for portion sizes.

Speaking of prices, the problem with eating out, is that it can get really pricey if you don't watch it. Therefore, I have to plan the nights I'm eating out, to keep it limited, and plan the meals I cook to stay on track budget wise. I love finding deal nights, using points cards, or using systems like Open Table to gain points towards future meals.

So, I collected a few specials I've heard about and/or tried around the Twin Cities and some area restaurants and wanted to share them. Some of them are great ways to try restaurants you may not normally be able to afford.

Most of the deals are at off peak days and times, but going out to eat during the week can be a real nice break from the cooking routine after a long days work and a trip (hopefully) to the gym. Also, a lot of these restaurants offer great, healthy options as well--double win!

Check it out, this list is very short compared to all the great local restaurants we have in our area, so feel free to add any deals you know about in the comments, everyone will thank you!

Kafe 421: Date night Special Two people eat for $25 on Sunday and Tuesday Nights
Rinata: Sunday nights $20 Four Course Meals
Broders Pasta Bar: After 8 Special, After 8:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday Two people eat for $28
Fusion Restaurant and Bar: Late Night Happy Hour, $4 Martini's and BOGO Apps
Dixies on Grand: 1/2 Price Wine Nights, Wednesdays Starting at 6:00 p.m.
Axel's Bonfire: Dinner and Movie for Two, $55, Wednesday Nights
Il Gatto: Different Nightly Specials each night
McCoys Public House: After work and late night Happy Hour with $6 pizzas and $3.00 16oz domestic drafts
Burger Jones: Happy Hour Daily from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM & 9:00 PM to Close, Appletinis and Cosmos $3.00, House Wines $4.00, Buffalo Wings $.50
Burrito Loco: Different Specials Each Night for Food and Drinks based on the theme

1 comment:

Ruby Leigh said...

I am going to have to flag this post for post-fivedollarday days, when I can enjoy some "spendier" places.