Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Babys Got Sauce

This weekend Ben and I checked out a new restaurant in the West End addition in St. Louis Park. This is a pretty new area with a lot of new restaurants and stores, including the pizza joint, Sauce. My friend Jen had told me she liked this place, and since Ben is a big pizza guy, we had to check it out.

It is a "fast casual" place like Noodles & Co or Damico and Sons, where you order at the counter, get a number, and within five to ten minutes your food is delivered to you.

The place is really charming, with video menu boards, wine, beer and soft drinks to choose from and both indoor and outdoor seating.
There were quite a few choices for pizza on the menu, Ben stuck with his old standby Pepperoni, but I got the Mozzarella, Fontina Cheese & Basil pizza pictured below.
It was quite good, not as good as a Punch Pizza Margherita Pizza, but still good; I'm a sucker for basil though.

Along with my pizza, I also got the Chicken, Spinach and Apple Salad with Gorgonzola & Candied Walnuts, and it was downright delicious, mmmmmm, mmmmmm.
I thought I'd take part of this salad home and finish my pizza, but I was wrong, I ate nearly the whole salad and brought half of the pizza home. It was the perfect blend of fruit with meats, spinach and cheese, and nice and light with the dressing on the side.

On the good deal front, Sauce is offering a deal for the summer where you can get one pizza, one salad and two glasses of wine for $20, NICE! I'd say this is great for a meal out with your girlfriend, but won't be enough food if you're eating with a guy, and definitely not enough food for two guys to share.

So, I think Sauce is a great place for a casual, inexpensive meal when you don't feel like going all out, but don't want fast food when you're not in the mood to cook. I can't wait to try it again soon!

So far, Sauce has the one Minnesota location in St. Louis Park, and locations in Arizona as well.

No comments: