Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fabulous Weekend

What a wonderful, wonderful weekend. For the most part I remembered to take pictures too for blogging this great weekend.

It started out Friday after work with a drink with co-workers at Hells Kitchen in Minneapolis. If you ever get the chance to go there, they have the best huevos rancheros I've EVER had!

Crown and Diet Coke to start the weekend, mmmm

Next, I rushed home to change, then headed out to the Mall of America to meet some fellow bloggers for a sneak preview of the new Microsoft Store there, set to open the next day. It's only the sixth Microsoft store in the nation, and the second in the Midwest, so we were all excited for the tour that was set up by Suzi at Pink Vanilla Cupcakes.

It was a great time, with free food and drinks before the store tour at Crave (my first time there, very delicious!) and a tour of the great store, which has some really neat things to offer, and is very interactive.

Kate, Molly and I enjoying delicious eats and drinks at Crave

Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures while on the tour. Molly over the Snyder 5 wrote a great post about this, and I pretty much echo her sentiments.

The sealed off store, it's very cool on the inside!

Saturday, after going for a swim in the AM, Ben and I headed up to our friend's Garth and Kari's wedding. Garth's younger sister Greta is a good friend of mine, she was a bridesmaid in our wedding in June, I'm godmother to her son Joshua, and through middle school and high school I spent a lot of time at their house, thus with Garth!

Their wedding was so great; the reception was held at a beautiful venue in Rogers, Minnesota called The Wellstead, and it did not disappoint.

We had great food, including these to start:

Ben and I split this plate, guess who ate all the fruit? =)

I love when we get to get all dressed up and go out together!

The reception also had one of my favorite trends in weddings lately, a candy buffet for the favors.


Whoever started this trend of candy buffets is both my least favorite, and most favorite person ever. I enjoyed a few (ok, like five) gummy fruit slices, and some M&M's at the reception, and made a little bag of the dark chocolates to take home for treats during the work week. I'll definitely be thanking Garth and Kari for my sugar pick me up's at work every afternoon this week!

It was great to see my friend Greta, as she lives in Springfield, Missouri now, and she looked so beautiful in her bridesmaid dress.

Greta and I

After falling back, and loving the extra hour of sleep, I got up Sunday refreshed and went to my first strength training class in over two months taught by my friend Meghan. Holy crap, I even took it easy, as to not put pressure on my foot, but I am going to be SORE tomorrow. I used my new Polar Heart Rate Monitor that I received at the Prior Fat Girl meet up, and it said I burned 436 calories, nice!

I'm warning you now, get ready for a cuteness overload, because what I did this afternoon, is just precious. I went to see my friend Joleen and Dean's three week only baby Logan for the first time, and as you can see from the pictures, he is beyond perfect.


Logan was a complete angel while I was there (His mom says I should see him at 2am, hehehe). Whenever he fussed a little, he settled right down back into a comfortable sleep and I got the joy of feeding him three ounces.

Logan Charles, sleeping peacefully

To say I love babies is an understatement, and perfect little Logan is no different.

Now, this week, it's all about balance, resting my foot, but still getting in my workouts, plus, putting in the extra time at work as our quarter wraps up. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very sad you didn't mention Greta's awesome husband who was also in the wedding.