Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When the cats away...

What is a gal to do when their significant other leaves town? I know what we think a stereotypical guy would do: drink beer, watch sports, let the dishes pile up, sit around and scratch themselves and order pizza. Am I right? That's the first thing that comes to your head?

This past weekend, Ben went back to his hometown of Boise, so I had the condo alllllll to myself, and boy, was I excited. Besides ordering a pizza myself (yeah, a woman does that too!), and watching bad (and good) TV, I was on a mission, to clean and organize the parts of our house, that were a disaster.
  • The Coat Closet
  • The Laundry Room
  • The Bathroom Cabinets
I took a day for each project.

Friday started with the bathroom, organizing Ben's cabinet (we each have our own), I found that once things were organized, there was limitless space in there, there was even enough room for our spare set of towels that were sitting in the laundry room like lost puppy dogs. I also picked up these cloth baskets from Target on sale for holding our items that reside on the counter for frequent use.
The baskets make things look neater, and make cleaning the counters much easier.

Next, I took on our laundry room. I wish I would have taken a before shot, a random smattering of old gym bags, our old dresser for "organization" filled with random crap, now all organized, and you can actually walk in here!

And finally, the hall closet, taking what was a mound of shoes and sporting equipment, and thanks to this lovely shelf I received from Molly, I was able to organize it all.
If you're thinking, "Did you have any fun this weekend?" Well, the answer is yes, I love organizing, it's like crack to me. I could have sat and drank wine in my laundry room all weekend and been happy while relishing in the organization accomplishment.

Plus, I also went out to dinner at Big Bowl with these fabulous bloggers on Friday night:
Back Row: Molly, Cindy, Erin and Jen
Front Row: Sam, Me, Sarina

And, attended a "Stock the Bar" wedding shower (which was more like a party) Saturday night for friends Wendy and Ben.
Pals: Wendy, Joleen and I at the Shower

If you've never been to one of these parties, host one now for your friends, it was an absolute blast!

So, my friends that's what this woman does when the man is away. Now I just have to try and keep this place clean since he's back!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

My husband is going out of town for a few days coming up and I am planning on cleaning out the refrigerator and organizing kitchen cabinets and bedroom closets. And I am soooo looking forward to it!