Monday, September 13, 2010

Busy Week Recap

What a crazy and fun last week it has been!

I apologize for not blogging much, but this weekend I served as Personal Attendant for my college roommate Emily's wedding in St. Paul to Teagan.
Then, on Sunday I co-hosted a baby shower for my running pal Joleen in Minneapolis.
That, combined with my parents in town for the wedding, marathon training created a busy, busy weekend.

Then, tonight, I went out to dinner at Kierans with my Journalism School buddies from college. We had a great time catching up, and celebrating our friend Nina's engagement, and soon to be departure to France.
The last few days of girlfriend get togethers has been so nice. There's nothing I love more than catching up with these people from different parts of my life, and having a good laugh and sharing good food together.

Speaking of food, I promised you all I would report back on the recipes I tried, as I try them, so here goes.

The Basic Scone Recipe from Savvy Eats turned out OK. Other people liked them more than I did, but I felt they were a little too much whole grains and tasted too much like a bran muffin. My husband and co-workers liked them though!

The other recipe I made this week was the Lowfat Pasta Carbonara by Bethenny. YUM!! This recipe was super easy, and delicious, and made plenty of leftovers. I loved it, especially with the red pepper to add a kick, I highly recommend trying it yourself!

No comments: