Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Northeast Social & Organized Dining

Last night, Ben and I ventured into Northeast Minneapolis (I've actually been there quite a bit lately) to check out a new little restaurant with my co-worker Kelsey and her boyfriend Jason, called Northeast Social.

The restaurant is part of a super cute little neighborhood featuring smaller bars full of locals, people riding their bikes down the pedestrian friendly streets, and a couple of beautiful Catholic Churches.

The food at Northeast Social matched the neighborhood, cute and filling, but didn't leave me feeling like I had just swallowed a whale, or that it was the height of trendy.

My meal consisted of a blue cheese, apples and sunflower seeds with balsamic dressing salad, followed by potato gnocchi with heirloom tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil and beurre blanc for the main course. Both were delicious! I also received a good enough portion of gnocchi, that I was able to take half home for lunch today, not bad for $15!

I matched all of this with my favorite sweet wine, Moscato di Asti, and Ben and I split a slice of key lime pie for dessert. We're both huge fans of REAL key lime pie, i.e. it's not bright green, and has a thick graham cracker crust.

Unfortunately, I took no pictures upon my visit. =( I forgot my camera, and with the dim lighting, my iPhone camera without a flash wasn't cutting it for picture taking.

If you're around this neighborhood, I highly recommend this place. The prices weren't bad, and the service was good too.

Also, today I took a leap in the healthy meal organizer and money saver category.
I bought this marker board, magnetic organizer to plan out our meals for each week. I've always tried to plan out meals, jotting them down here and there, but my friend Emily has something similar on her fridge, and I thought it was a great idea. Plus, the board was on sale for $3.50 at Target, you can't beat that!

It will help us stick to a more organized grocery list, and eat out less, so we're able to have meat thawed out, and ingredients ready for dinner when I get home from work.

Tomorrow, I have a great giveaway for you all. Something that could help you stay more comfortable during your workouts, stay tuned!

No comments: