Sunday, August 15, 2010

Love me some Weekend

What a WONDERFUL weekend! This weekend I felt like I had so much fun, yet still accomplished quite a bit around the house. Why can't all weekends be this lovely??

Following a 14 mile run, (thanks to Wendy, the rock star for joining me for 6.5 of it) Ben and I headed out to one of my favorite local establishments to eat, Manny's Tortas. We really don't get here often enough, but their Tortas (Mexican Sandwiches) are amazing. This Saturday, I have my usual, the Chicken Torta.
The torta may not look like anything special, but each one comes with avacado, lettuce, the meat of your choosing, refried beans, jalapenos and chipotle mayo that is SO spicy, I always get it on the side and put it on little by little.

If you've never made it to Manny's Tortas, as you can tell, I highly recommend it!

Saturday night on a bit of luck, Ben and I ended up going to the Twins Game. We had been talking all day about wanting to go, but not wanting to spend extra money, when Luther Liz, happened to post on twitter that she had two extra tickets to sell. So, she gave us a great deal, on great seats (Section 103, row 10), and we enjoyed one of those perfect summer nights for a ball game, beer in one hand, hot dog in the other; thanks again Liz!!
This morning I woke up to find of those days why I know I live in Minnesota, sure, people from other parts of the country (cough, California relatives, cough) love to tell me how great their weather is, and rub it in, but today was why I put up with those January days. Highs in the 70's, no humidity, sun shining with some white puffy clouds to boot, amazing!!

I got out of bed to meet Mary, Meghan, Cindy and Jen for brunch at Common Roots in Uptown, and it was SO fun to catch up.
I had read about their amazing bagels online, so I decided to try one, they were pretty good, but nothing to write home about. I did try other items that some of the other ladies had (Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Fritatta, Huevos Rancheros...) and they were delish!

Tomorrow, I'll fill you in on what Ben and I did this afternoon, because it was a little adventure. =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you like LOX? They do a Lox bagel with onions and capers and it is A-mazing!

LutherLiz said...

I'm glad you could join us! Thanks for the company! Go Twins!

Sabrina said...

Hey Alexa, I just found your blog on Jen & Mary's blog. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. I hope you don't mind another follwer, I am looking forward to catching up on your blogs!!

Alexa said...

Sabrina, I love another follower!! Welcome. =)

Mary, not a Lox fan, just can't stomach the fishiness of it, but thanks for the suggestion!