Thursday, August 19, 2010

Love and Marriage...

When Ben and I moved in together, I ventured into a place I had only temporary spent time in before... the Bachelor Pad. For the 30+ year old man, who had spent the majority of the last ten years living alone, and moving from city to city, he had it down. The Rou Bourbon Street Sign above the door from a trip (or several) to New Orleans (this is a battle I'm still fighting).

Or, the Gonzaga Basketball Banner to express his allegiances (i.e. obsession) to his Alma Mater, just to name a couple of things.

Of course, then there is the color scheme, Navy Blue and Red. Every thing that may have color, was navy blue and red. The throw pillows, red, the sheets on the bed, navy blue, the comforter, red, the bathroom towels navy blue (with a red back up set of course!) My only theory on this color coordination is that red and navy blue are very "hetero safe" seeming colors for a single man, so that must be why it all ended up this way.

Well, it took me awhile, but I'm now beginning to turn the page on the red and navy blue that have mobbed our home. Getting married made an easy excuse for wanting new things to begin to decorate our home, without breaking the bank. One of the most exciting so far, our new Calvin Klein Quince bed set.
Do you see that? Not an ounce of Navy Blue or Red in site!!

Even Ben said he thought it was nice, and not too girly (he was very afraid of getting too many flowers or pastels in a new bed set).

Then, a few weeks back, I was exploring Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point's blog when she showed a beautiful pillow from West Elm that I knew would exactly match our bed set, check it out....swoooooooon.
This is how I know I'm getting old, as much as I still love shopping for clothes and shoes, I'm in love with decorating our house and have to control myself against going crazy at such stores as West Elm, Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel.

The best part about moving in with a bachelor, the TV, an experienced bachelor always has a good TV, and I'm now reaping the benefits of that. So, there are benefits to taking on the bachelor pad ladies!!

So, next stop on the redecorating train... the Navy Blue and Red themed bathroom!

P.S. On a totally separate note, check back tomorrow for a GREAT give away!

4 comments:

Her Posh Palate... said...

I love the Calvin Klein Bedding! It doesn't look too girly at all!

Jenny said...

hahahahah our downstairs bathroom is the same bachelor theme! Oh those boys

Ashley said...

Ha, I remember going through the same thing with my husband back in the day! His was the black leather couch, a staple in every bachelor pad. I love your bed by the way...nice and neutral, but looks oh so comfy!

Anonymous said...

The Anchors Away band is super cute!