Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Alexia Potatoes and Crock Pot Chicken

Have you ever had Alexia potatoes?? (No, not "Alexa," but if I had a nickel for every time I've been called "Alexia," "Alexis," Alex," and the list goes on... in my life, I'd be rich!) They are delicious! I love their sweet potato fries.

Recently, they put out a Select Sides line, and they are amazing!! Yesterday, I spotted them at the store, after seeing them only in sporadic places, and I picked up three of the four different flavors.

Basically, they use a flavorful oil and mix it with their great potatoes and some vegetables. It's a fast (less than 10 minute prep), easy, and pretty affordable way to add veggies to your diet, and a nice side to your dinner.
Last night I made this Chipotle Sweet Potato Mix with Black Beans, Corn, Peppers and Onions, it was so easy, and tasted great.
I found these at Byerlys in the Twin Cities area, and I know that Coborns Delivers has them as well. They're around $4.00 a bag, and totally worth it.

Along with the lovely potato side, I heated up a recipe from the a crock pot culinary genious, my pal Meghan. She gave me this recipe for Crock Pot Chicken a few months back, and it's a winner! It's great for leaving while you go to work and eating when you get home, and packing up the leftovers in the freezer to eat on nights when you just don't feel like like cooking. Check it out below and try it for yourself!
  • Place three raw chicken breasts in slow cooker, Top with half to a full packet of taco seasoning (depending on how spicy you want them).
  • Top with one full jar of Salsa
  • Top with one can of black beans, juice included
  • Heat on medium for six hours (or, if you're like me and gone for longer, I cook it on low for 8-9 hours)
  • Before serving, shred chicken with fork (it should come apart easily). Then, mix with 1/3 cup low fat or fat free sour cream and 1/3 cup low fat or fat free cream cheese.
  • Serve with chips, tortillas, or eat it plain with a fork!

No comments: