Thursday, March 3, 2011

30 Day Shred Check In

A few months back, I mentioned how I was going to step up my 30 Day Shred workout, and I have been, and let me tell you, it's such a great workout!

I've been doing it about two mornings a week on and off, and I've completed Level One and am now onto Level Two. Since I don't do it religiously like so many people do when they do this program, I haven't progressed as fast as other people normally say they do (it is, 30 days after all), but I'm still doing my running clinic, random personal training sessions, yoga and other classes along with the 30 Day Shred.

The Shred is such an easy workout to get in (but NOT easy exercises!), because:
  1. It's only 20 minutes
  2. I can do it in my living room
  3. There is little equipment required, hand weights and a mat if your floor isn't carpeted.
Today, my booty is hurting from all the squats level two makes you complete. I'm loving that on days when I think I have no time to workout, I can get up a half hour earlier, and do the shred, burn 200+ calories, and feel great that I got my workout in.

Also, after my rant on terrible things to eat last Friday (could you tell I was feeling passionate that day??) I wanted to give you guys a great recipe I made this weekend, Spark People Potato Soup. Besides peeling and chopping the vegetables, which merely takes time, it's super easy. I made a double batch and froze some to take for lunches when we need quick options. I hope you try it out!

I'm also still compiling a list of easy, healthy snacks that I'll share in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Ann said...

That soup looks delicious, and I can't wait to read about your favorite snacks!!

Kristi said...

I'm on Level 2 of the 30 day shred, too. I love that workout, especially that it doesn't take too long.