Thursday, December 23, 2010

Greetings from the Gem State

Ben and I flew out to his parents house in Boise, Idaho yesterday to spend Christmas with his family. It was our first time flying with Cooper, and he did great; I love that they allow small animals in the cabin with you! However, it was an experience bringing the extra stuff for him, and getting through security and all with him, I can't imagine flying with a child, or multiple children!

The weather here is fantastic, it reminds me of late October/Early November in Minnesota. 35-40 degrees during the day, no wind, lots of sun. They have some snow on the ground here right now, but even that is pretty rare for them. I went for a 2.75 mile run this morning on the trails, and it felt fantastic, just look how beautiful it is running by the river.


Speaking of running, I had a guest post on Prior Fat Girl this week talking about my marathon training journey, and encouraging others in the Twin Cities area to join the 5K and 10K run clinics starting January 3rd. If you're still interested, leave a comment with your contact info and I'll send you the details.

Also, I completely forgot to list the Panko Lemon Pepper winner earlier this week, how absent minded am I?! I guess it's the holidays and preparing for this trip that had it slipping my mind... sure, we'll blame that! =)

Anyway, the random winner is... Jenny!

Jenny said, "I would use the panko crumbs on fish, bass and sunnies. We have a stock pile from fishing this summer."

Congrats Jenny! Leave a comment with your e-mail address by 11:59 p.m. central time on December 31, 2010 and I'll get your contact info to send to the good people at My Blog Spark.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Alexa! See you in the new year!

Ann said...

Looks lovely!! I hope you had an awesome time in Idaho!!!