Sunday, February 24, 2013

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

 OK, let's cut to the chase, here's the stats from my weight in Friday morning:

+1.2 Pounds
Current Weight: 163.8 lb

Well, everything I lost the week before, I gained back. I cheated in a little, and didn't move as much thanks to craziness at work, so I know that's a bit of the issue. I was also having some milk production issues and I ate extra calories certain days, working that the lack of may have been what was affecting my production. I'm not really sure what it was, but I've also upped my water intake and started taking some supplements that are supposed to help. I won't get into specifics, but I've never had an issue with production, so I kind of freaked when my levels dropped early in the week, and providing Austin strictly breast milk for his liquid food source for at least the first six months of his life is my goal above anything else. 

That said, if I'm going to eat extra calories, they don't have to be bad ones, so need to remember that. 

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't tell you all about an amazing recipe for Chicken with Honey-Beer Sauce. I stumbled upon and made for Ben and I this weekend. Oh my goodness. It was amazing (minus the parsley, not a fan of that, didn't include it). I make a lot of recipes that I enjoy, that are easy, but this was just downright freaking good. I was literally licking the extra sauce off my plate with my finger after I was through with the chicken.  I didn't even remember to take a picture, and I remember thinking, "I really need to get a picture of this for the blog," but before I knew it, it was gone. 

I promise to snap some pictures of my meals this week, as I've become a super meal planner and meal freezer for easy weeknight meals. 

Pin It

No comments: