Monday, February 13, 2012

Real Cold And WW Update

So, this weekend it actually got for real cold in DC. Not the wimpy cold natives of this area think is cold, but biting wind, and bone chilling cold cold. I went into Whole Foods Saturday afternoon, I came out 20 minutes later and there was wind whipping and snow swirling around like a snow globe, holy crap!

For the next two days, the temperatures were in the 20's and wind chills in the teens. Not crazy cold, but definitely not comfortable to be out in for long periods of time.

Luckily, I got in my run Saturday morning, I did a nice four miles to take it a bit easy.

Sunday night, I had made a nail appointment with a groupon for a place in DC to get another Gel Manicure (I wrote about those previously) so I took the metro in, and had some delays due to track work that were quite cold as I sat waiting on the plank for the next train to come at outdoor stations.

Updated Nails!

Thankfully, my nails looked great though! And I still love that I live in a place now that I can get pretty much anywhere by a reliable (most of the time) transit system seven days a week.

Weight Watchers has been going great. Last Friday I weighed in and was shocked to see 148.8 pounds, 1.2 pounds lost last week! I was shocked because I didn't feel like last week was as good as it could of been, but when I think about how I was eating before, it was much better than I would have ever done on my own.

I credit a lot of how Weight Watchers is going to changing up my breakfast. I've been having a more protein filled breakfast, rather than just cereal and milk or cereal with yogurt, and it's helping me feel more satisfied.

Someone likes protein filled breakfasts too

I usually always have egg whites with some sort of low fat cheese, and either turkey bacon, chicken sausage or a slice of gluten free bread to go with it. It takes more time to put together, and I get up about ten minutes earlier because of it, but it's completely worth it.

The breakfast is usually four points maximum, and tastes great! Plus, it helps me not start my day on a carb high, which will inevitably lead to my blood sugar dropping and super cravings and hunger just a few hours later.

I do still always eat a bowl of cereal the mornings before I run, because I know that that's what sits best with my body for running. I feel the carbs serve me better those mornings, and that is also usually only one morning a week, as I run after work during the week most times.

2 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

U agree, breakfast is completely worth a few extra minutes in the morning.

Love that Cooper & miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your success on the scale. I've been struggling with hunger in the evenings so I've cut back my breakfast to cereal and milk and I'm certain after reading your post that I made a poor decision there. I'll try to mix it up this week! Thanks!