Sunday, November 6, 2011

Easy, Mayo-less, Chicken Salad

There are few foods I really dislike, the first and foremost one being bananas (as I've explained before, I can't even stand the smell of them), another is mayonnaise. That's one reason why I've never enjoyed chicken or tuna salads.

Then, Jen showed me how she makes a mayo-less chicken salad awhile back, and I have since created my own version of it. It's high protein, lower carb, and I think goes great with these Blue Diamond Nut Thin Crackers (I prefer the Almond ones, or hint of Sea Salt ones). I take it to work as part of my main dish for lunch, and it fills me up easily.

Source

The recipes for this chicken salad is this simple:
  • 1 Small Can White Meat Chicken
  • 1/2 can of black beans
  • Four wedges of Original or Blue Cheese Laughing Cow Cheese
  • Three teaspoons Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Original Flavor (I just give about five or six good shakes of it in the mixture)
And here's how the final product looks:


Granted, I added extra black beans into this particular one because I had more than half a can left, and didn't want them to go to waste. Also, I'm a lover off all things beans! I also love when eating gluten free can be this easy.

Below you'll find the nutrition facts, as figured out by Spark Recipes, on half of the above recipe.


Nutrition Facts

User Entered Recipe

2 Servings

Amount Per Serving
Calories 206.4
Total Fat 8.8 g

Saturated Fat 5.1 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 35.0 mg
Sodium 930.6 mg
Potassium 201.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g

Dietary Fiber 4.9 g

Sugars 2.0 g
Protein 14.5 g

6 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

YUM! I love the idea of adding black beans to it!

Ann said...

Bookmarking this. It looks SO GOOD!!! Yum!!!

Amanda said...

Did you drain the black beans or mix it with the juice in the can? I usually drain my beans before mixing it with my foods but wanted to double check. Looks good!

Alexa said...

Hey Amanda,

I drain them, I should have added that!

Thanks. =)

-Alexa

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

I accidentally did this with my salad the other night and was floored at how amazing it is!!!! love it! =)

so glad i found your blog today! nice to meet ya! <3

Nachos Recipes said...

Great post, thanks for sharing it.