Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Best Sangria(s) You've Never Tasted...yet

I never tried Sangria until a few years ago, I'm not quite sure when, but I know that I loved it from the start. Then, in 2009 I attended the couples shower of my friend's Wendy and Ben in Minneapolis, and their friend Sarah who writes the blog "Dish and Tell," made this Sangria. It was love at first sip. When I asked for the recipe, she gladly obliged, and when I found out how easy it was, I was sold even more! I've made it for a few parties, including a bridal shower I hosted, and it's always been a hit. Hats off to Sarah!

I've tried many Sangrias in the bottle, and from restaurant bars, and never felt the same love after trying Sarah's blend. I enjoy the Candy Apple Sangria from Chef Geoff's when we visit there, it's also very affordable, so that helps it's cause.

But, now I've finally found a bottled Sangria that competes with the Dish and Tell recipe...and it's about the same price as a glass from Chef Geoff's.

Trader Joes Sangria. That's right, the people who brought you Three (Once Two) Buck Chuck, have now brought you $6.99 Sangria, in a plastic bottle to boot, that's freaking delicious.


So, if you have the time, I recommend whipping up Sarah's Sangria for a party, but if you don't, or it's a night in and you don't need as big of a batch, I recommend stopping by Trader Joes for this summer treat.

This Sangria may go perfectly with a recipe I made this week, Enchilada Rice. Weeknight easy, and pretty cheap to make with the oodles of left overs it produces. 

Any favorite affordable and delicious drinks you've found this summer? Or easy and yummy recipes?

Pin It

No comments: