Monday, February 7, 2011

Caramels and Snow Shoeing

This weekend was jam packed with fun, but first things first...

THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I am obviously beyond thrilled about this, I may live in Minnesota, but I've been a Green Bay Packer fan all of my life, and sometime I will tell you all why I love them so much, and how sweet victories like this are to Packer fans.

Saturday afternoon I had a great afternoon making caramels and enjoying small talk with Kate and Elle, and Elle's daughter Olive over at Kate's house.

Kate hard at work on the caramels

I had never made homemade caramels, and had a hankering to learn, so Kate took me under her wing to learn. How fun, and they turned out delicious!

The finished product!

Ben and I finished off the caramels I brought home before half time on Sunday Night

Saturday night, Ben and I rented snow shoes and went to the Luminary Loppet in Minneapolis. It's a fun cross country ski and snow shoe event, where they set up ice luminary's around Lake of the Isles and then open up the lake for everyone to enjoy. It was SUCH a fun and different way to spend a Saturday Night.



Afterward, we went to the Uptown Cafeteria, where I had fried Chicken and Waffles and washed it down with a tasty fruity drink!


So, basically any calories I burned while snow shoeing around that night, I packed right back on. But, if you've never had fried chicken and waffles before, I highly recommend it! It may seem like a weird combination, but the salty and the sweet are great. Apparently it's a food delicacy that started at a placed called Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in LA. I mixed the gravy AND the syrup on top of the chicken and waffles, yum!

Lastly, the winners of the Chobani Give Away are in! They are..

Michelle by Milwaukee & Marsha!

Congrats you two! Leave a comment with your e-mail address and we'll e-mail about getting those coupons from Chobani to you. Thanks everyone who entered!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow, I had no idea about the event at Lake of the Isles. It sounds fun!!