Monday, April 26, 2010

Bachlorette Recap & A Great Cause

Phew, what a whirlwind past five days! This past weekend my lady friends threw me a Wedding Shower and Bachlorette Party here in the Twin Cities. I am lucky enough to have amazing friends, who traveled from near and far (Davenport, Rock Island, Ann Arbor and Springfield, Missouri!) to attend the shower and party.

My friend Sam was quite the hostess, making us all an awesome dinner and appetizers, and then arranged to have a stretch Hummer Limo pick us up and drive us around for the night! She also was really thinking, when she made sure we had chips in the limo to munch on in between stops, great job on the party Sam!! I can't wait to return the favor for her.
The Lovely Hostess and Me

This week, it's back to normal, my last wedding shower is this weekend with my future in-laws, so my Ben's parents are coming to town from Idaho and my parents from Wisconsin, it will be another busy and fun weekend.

Also, in my half marathon training, I'll be hitting the pavement for nine miles on Sunday. If anyone wants to join me for all, or part of it, to help keep me sane, I'd love to have you, doesn't matter your pace (well, if you're faster than me, plan on running a bit slower).

As most of you know, I'm a huge animal lover (cue adorable picture of Cooper from this weekend):
Anyway, my brother cued me into this, Pepsi is sponsoring a Pepsi "Refresh" contest where you can vote for a cause, and the top two will be awarded $250,000 each! I'm voting for this program called Save-a-Vet.org that provides housing for disabled veterans in return for them caring for retired military working dogs; two great causes in one. Currently, they are #81, and the contest ends up April 30, so get click here and vote, it's easy!! Also, link this on your blog or twitter to help out as well!

No comments: