Monday, October 3, 2011

My "Green" Monster Smoothie

A lot of health bloggers show their recipes for protein smoothies, specifically, green monsters, so I thought I'd show mine. It's not very "green" looking, but it gets the job done.

I combine together the following in a blender:
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 scoop of whey protein
  • 1 Cup of Trop 50 Orange Juice
  • A big handful of spinach (I would say it equals about 1.5-2 cups worth)

Turning it into the following delicious wonder:

Mmmmm!

According to Spark Recipes, the nutrition facts on this bad boy are the following:

Nutrition Facts

1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories230.4
Total Fat1.7 g

Saturated Fat0.5 g

Polyunsaturated Fat0.1 g

Monounsaturated Fat0.0 g
Cholesterol45.0 mg
Sodium125.6 mg
Potassium801.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate37.6 g

Dietary Fiber10.0 g

Sugars21.2 g
Protein19.3 g

So drink up and enjoy!

Now, I need to make this smoothie even better, by buying this blender from Crate and Barrel I've been dreaming about for oh, I don't know...two years!
I saw a demo of it's impeccable speeds at a wedding registry event there before Ben and I were married. I put it on our registry, and we never received it, and I've never been able to justify buying it, even though our blender takes about eight years to get something smooth. Maybe this new apartment is the perfect reason!


Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe that's great for a hearty snack or post workout?

No comments: