Friday, June 3, 2011

Workout Tunes

What tunes get you pumped up to workout and keep you pumped up? Sometimes, music can be exactly what you need to get through a long run, a tough workout, and accomplish your goals.

During the Fargo Half-Marathon, and the Nike Women's Marathon, I didn't want to listen to music, I wanted to have my iPod off, and take in the sites, and I'm SO glad I did. Where as during the Goldy's Run 10 Mile this Spring, and the La Crosse Half-Marathon, my music is what kept me going.

I promised a few months back about the songs that keep me pumped up while working out, and also want to hear what songs keep you going! Adding to your play list is a great motivator, and a lot of times these songs come from recommendations.

My current favorite songs to workout to are:
  • Eminem, Not Afraid
  • Raise Your Glass, Glee Warblers
  • It Ain't Me Babe, Joaquin Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon from "Walk the Line"
  • Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash
  • Little Lion Man, Mumford and Sons
  • Only Girl (In the World), Rihanna
  • Stuck Like Glue, Sugarland
  • Fall to Pieces, Avril Lavigne
  • Rolling in the Deep, Adele
  • Paris, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals
  • Alejandro, Lady GaGa
  • You Can't Always Get What You Want, Glee Cast
  • Dream On, Glee Cast
  • We R Who We R, Ke$ha
  • Feels Like Today, Rascal Flatts
So, as you can see, I have a diverse taste in music. =)

What are the songs that pump you up while working out?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sugarland and Eminem are also on my playlist. I like The Show Goes on by Lupe Fiasco right now.